My money, my future
My Money, My Future is an exciting new project for secondary students hosted by CIBC and the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE). Whether teachers are working with students in a quint, quad, or semestered class—or even if students are learning at home—this project is a fun way for youth to explore a topic of interest and share their learning with an audience. Student work could potentially be showcased on a national stage where a first place entry will receive $10,000!
- 1st place will receive $10,000 towards future education or training – either to the winning individual or shared equally among team members
- 2nd place will receive $5,000
- 3rd place will receive $2,500
The My Money, My Future project challenges youth to draw upon their creativity, talents, skills, and passion to create a new resource that could be used to teach other youth about money and how to achieve a healthy financial future. It can be in either English or French. The resource can be a video, a podcast, a play, a booklet, a PowerPoint presentation, a whiteboard animation, a song, a piece of art, an ad, a poem, a website, a video game, an app–the possibilities are wide open!
How to Start
- Access the resources below
- Check out the My Money, My Future site for more information, and to register a student or a class.
- If you choose to register for the program, please let us know! As Halton’s representative for this program, the HIEC team is excited to support you and your students through this challenge. Use the form at the bottom of the page to contact us, or email email@example.com
- Check back soon as more documents to support effective instruction will be shared!
HIEC is proud to partner with the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE) to ensure every Canadian has the capability and opportunity to build a successful economic future.
If you have any questions about our involvement with CFEE, please contact us!