Parents and other adult allies have more influence on kids’ career choices than anyone else, by far, whether intentional or not. In our surveys of the thousands of students who have visited HIEC’s Career Development Lab over the past 30 years, 76% of learners identified family members as their number one career influencer.
The Parents as Career Coaches Podcast is a series of conversations that will help parents and other adults have optimistic conversations with young people about their future. We’ll be talking to some of the leading voices in career development and education to ask them: how can family members and caregivers support the young people in their lives as they think about and prepare for the future?
In our first episodes, our guests include:
- Andreas Schleicher, Special Advisor on Education Policy to the Secretary-General, OECD
- Dave Redekopp, President, Life-Role Development Group
- Sareena Hopkins, Executive Director, Canadian Career Development Foundation
- Tricia Berry, Learning Specialist for Universal Design for Career Education, NB Department of Education
- Thom Markham, Founder, PBL Global
- Will Richardson, Co-Founder, Big Questions Institute
- Gavin McCormack, Founder, EducationInfluence.com
We hope you’ll join us on our journey to empower all of us to help the young people in our lives to make informed and inspired life and career choices. Who knows, you might just find inspiration for yourself!
This show is made possible by the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Resilient Communities Fund.
You can find more information about he Parents as Career Coaches Podcast at www.hiec.on.ca/PACC
This program is supported by: