Giving Tuesday is becoming an increasingly popular social event to support non-profit organizations. Using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #GivingTuesdayCa for Canadian-specific content, it’s an opportunity to highlight the importance of our work now and into the future.
Our work is vital in providing youth with opportunity now and supporting programs that help youth succeed in the future. HIEC delivers an interactive and informative Career Awareness Program, facilitates meaningful experiential learning opportunities, hosts inspiring community events, and manages multiple online communities focusing on workforce development.
On April 4, 2024, Women as Career Coaches (WACC) celebrates 20 years of bringing mentorship to youth. This empowering event is designed to provide the next generation with the opportunity to discover a wide range of potential career paths.
Gateway to the Trades is a skilled trades job-readiness program, which includes on-site job coaching services.
Our free online service, ApprenticeSearch.com, matches youth with employers who are hiring – now expanding to provide support across Canada – offering programs and services that increase participation in the apprenticeship pathway.
And that’s just a snapshot of what’s going on at HIEC right now!
This Giving Tuesday, we are inviting our community network to join us in recognizing this charitable day by contributing how you can. Here are some ways you can support HIEC this Giving Tuesday:
1. Share our work with your network on social media. We routinely share our work and achievements on our social media channels: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, and Instagram. We are really proud of this important work and would appreciate your support in sharing or retweeting our content to your social networks in hopes a wider audience can see what we do and how we can help.
2. Become a volunteer. Consider being a career coach at one of our mentorship events. Participate in our Industry-Specific Networking series, or join Women As Career Coaches – celebrating its 20th anniversary event on April 4. No matter where you are in your career journey, your experience can help a youth looking to learn about different career pathways.
3. Support our future workforce by signing up for ApprenticeSearch.com. Register with our free online job matching service to support jobseekers, and get involved in our programs to help educate youth in making informed and inspired career decisions.
4. Donate tools or equipment. If you have extra or unused equipment or tools, we would appreciate any donations for our skilled trades programs, providing students and youth with more hands-on learning experiences.
5. Contribute to GIVEOakville. HIEC is featured alongside some amazing local charities in Oakville Community Foundation’s #GIVEOakville Guide again this year. When donating through GIVEOakville, until Dec. 11, you can be assured that 100% of your donation will come to us PLUS your donation will be eligible to be “topped-up” by the Oakville Community.
However you support us, we are grateful! Our work continues to succeed because of our community, and people like you. Thank you!